How to Download Video Files
Download and Print Instructions in a pdf format
As ABCOPAD’s ACTS on-line ministry continues to grow, quite a few people have asked how to utilize this service when the church facility does not have internet access or internet access is poor. One way to overcome this challenge is to download the YouTube files at your home where you have better internet service, save them to a thumb drive, and then play them at church. Below you will find some simple, basic instructions for downloading videos from YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo.
To begin, it is helpful to have a Video Downloader program or application installed on your computer. Most of the ABCOPAD Staff are using a program called ClipGrab. This is free software that is available in both Mac and PC formats. It is easy to use. It does not require registering the software and (so far!) has been advertisement free. Below is a link to the web page where you can download and install ClipGrab.
| Note: There are many other 3rd party software programs available on-line. Some are free, but require you to register the program (submit your email address to the company). Other programs have an annual or life-time fee. There are also web sites that will download video clips from YouTube. Simply do a Google Search on YouTube Video Downloaders if you would like to see other options other than ClipGrab.
Once you have installed ClipGrab:
- Go to the ABCOPAD YouTube video you wish to download [the YouTube video will have a button called Share]
- Click on the Share button
- Copy the link offered by YouTube [to copy: highlight the link with your mouse, then select the copy command under edit on the top menu... or right click on the highlighted link and in the pop-up window select copy]
Once the link is copied
- Go to your ClipGrab program
- Paste the link from the box for the YouTube url [to paste: put the cursor in the box for the url, then go to the top menu and select edit, and then paste. You can also right click on the url box; a pop-up menu will appear; select paste from the pop-up menu]
Once the YouTube url is pasted into the box, you can
- Click return, or click on the Grab This Clip box.
- The video will begin to download to your hard drive.
Note: Be sure you know where you are saving the clip on your computer so you can find it later. Take note if you are saving it to your desktop, to your Download folder, or to some other place on your hard drive. You can define where clips are saved by clicking on settings. If you plan to move this clip to a thumb drive to transport to another computer, you will need to know where it is located on your computer.
ClipGrab has a step-by-step process you can refer to for help: https://clipgrab.org/faqs/howto-download-youtube-video
YouTube instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6qCpPeChmQ
Remember: the ABCOPAD YouTube Channel where videos are stored is:
If you need additional assistance, you can email me at EMAIL or call 570-435-2001.
Blessings and thank you for your support of our ABCOPAD Regional Ministry.