ABCOPAD Interim Ministry Network
Trusted Faithful Leadership
Love the Lord your God
with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.
Mark 12:30-31 (NIV)
Why Interim Ministry?
Interim Ministry Video by the Center for Congregational Health
The Christian walk is all about relationships — our relationship with the Lord, and our relationship with others. Pastors, as spiritual leaders, provide valuable guidance in both of those relationships.
However, when pastors accept another call, retire, or become disabled, it can leave a void in that spiritual guidance. Fortunately, Interim Pastors are trained to help a church focus the critical tasks that a church must address during times of pastoral transition. Interim Pastors can be God’s instrument for securing a better and healthier future for the congregation.
ABCOPAD Refirement Interim Pastors seek to prepare congregations for the call of their next pastor.
Typical Struggles Without Pastoral Leadership
No Pastor to …
- Lead Bible Study
- Visit the Sick and Troubled
- Conduct Funerals and Weddings
- Represent the Church in the Community
- Carry out day to day Pastoral Duties
- Train and Lead the Congregation for Mission in the Community, Region, Nation, and World
Working Around the
Five Interim Focus Points
- HERITAGE: A foundational time of celebration and an opportunity to surface issues and work toward resolution.
- MISSION: A clarifying time of identifying the vision and mission of the congregation and helping ministries to come into Spiritual alignment.
- LEADERSHIP: Consider the organizational leadership stress points and review the decision making processes.
- CONNECTIONS: Renewing Mission Partnerships: Associationally, Regionally, Nationally, and in the World.
- FUTURE: Preparation for the congregation as the church prepares for the new pastoral leadership.
Value Added Benefits of a
Qualified American Baptist Interim Pastor
- A Qualified American Baptist Interim Pastor “on the field”
- Consistent leading in Worship and Bible Study
- Stability of ministry during a time of transition
- Churches typically experience greater ministry effectiveness during the interim
- The church leadership is freed up to focus on discerning God’s preferred future
- Access to the expertise of the ABCOPAD Regional Pastoral Staff
ABCOPAD Interim Pastor Agreement (pdf)
ABCOPAD Interim Pastor Agreement (docx)
ABCOPAD Interim Pastor Monthly Report (pdf)
ABCOPAD Interim Pastor Monthly Report (docx)
Quarterly Interim Evaluation
ABCOPAD Refirement Interim Ministry Evaluation (docx)
For more information contact:
The Region Office: 888-687-0883