Who We Are
In 1703 the American Baptist Churches of Pennsylvania became a part of America's oldest American Baptist organization, the Philadelphia Baptist Association. In 1972 the American Baptist Churches of Pennsylvania and Delaware (ABCOPAD) was formed as the successor of the Pennsylvania Baptist Convention. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh Associations were separate Regions. As of October 15, 2005, the Pittsburgh Baptist Association and ABCOPAD have merged in ministry together.
- Total operating receipts for 2018: Approx. $932,335
- Mission receipts for 2018: Approx. $1,791,770
- Total Membership: Approx. 52,710
- Number of Churches: 294
- Number of Associations: 21
Note: Philadelphia Baptist Association
is an independent Region not a part of ABCOPAD
- The region is a mix of rural, suburban and urban communities. The distribution of our churches is approximately 40% urban, 47% suburban, 13% rural
- Of our 294 churches 231 are Euro-American; 44 are African-American; 2 are Hispanic, 1 is Asian-Pacific, and 16 are multi-racial
Click HERE to view a list of current Regional Staff, including contact information.
Click HERE to view a list of ABCOPAD Regional Offices, including contact information.