Younger Award Nominations
The American Baptist Historical Society is accepting nominations for the George D. Younger Award for Excellence in Local or Regional American Baptist History. The deadline is May 1, 2019. If your church has had an historical celebration in the last couple of years, please consider sharing your event with the other American Baptist churches.
Projects eligible for nomination include but are not restricted to church anniversary celebrations, congregational or regional histories, oral history projects, or other historical programs that promote Baptist history in the local community or region. The winner will be announced at the 2019 Biennial Convention in Virginia Beach, VA. Nominations will be accepted for projects completed in either 2017 or 2018.
Nominations should include the following documentation:
- cover sheet listing the name of the project and the name and contact information for the sponsoring church, group or institution,
- a short (one or two page) description of the project or program, including a project timeline of the dates and locations of project events,
- supporting material, such as program bulletins, newspaper clippings, and comments by those who participated, either by creating the program/project or as part of the targeted audience,
- evidence of the quality (historical content and production quality) of the program or project,
- written evidence or evaluations of the project or program may be supplemented by other records of the program, such as videos, newspaper clippings, audio-recordings, or photographic images,
- evidence of impact on the targeted audience, with special consideration given for impact on a broader than Baptist community.
Mail nominations and supporting materials to be received at the Historical Society no later than May 1, 2019 to:
The Younger Award
American Baptist Historical Society
3001 Mercer University Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-4155