Planning Worship Theologically
Cairn University is dedicated to educating students to serve Christ in the church, society, and the world. Within the context of the church, the school cares especially about equipping the shepherds who lead congregations Sunday after Sunday.
As part of its commitment to this equipping, Dr. Benjamin Harding, dean of the School of Music, will be teaching an online course from the new Worship & Music (MA) program at $100/credit! This is a great opportunity for you or for a worship leader you know. Here are the details:
MUS 607: Planning Worship Theologically will give worship leaders the opportunity to be refreshed and equipped with biblical approaches to planning a Sunday morning worship service centered on Christ and geared toward discipleship. Taking this course will provide worship leaders with the opportunity to:
- Create a philosophy of gospel-centered worship.
- Arrange the worship service in a way that is biblical and in light of church tradition.
- Study the history of worship in the Protestant, Catholic, and Orthodox traditions.
- Gain tools for change management and understanding church culture
- Take the course at your own pace with weekly flexibility
- Meet once a week with your professor and classmates to discuss the coursework and its practical applications
This course, especially at this price, is a fantastic opportunity for churches of all sizes and denominations to receive tools and resources for their Sunday morning ministry. If the worship leader at your church would be interested in taking this seven-week, three-credit course from July 4–August 21, they can learn more and apply here: cairn.edu/planning-worship-theologically/.
200 Manor Ave Langhorne, PA 19047