2023 Biennial Mission Summit
The American Baptists Churches USA 2023 Biennial Mission Summit, June 23-25, 2023, at the Puerto Rico Convention Center in San Juan, Puerto Rico, includes a full schedule beginning on Friday, June 23 with a Welcome Session. Learn more, below:
Friday, June 23, 2023
- 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- The Welcome Session is the start of the Biennial Mission Summit weekend! All are invited, including new and lifelong Biennial Mission Summit attendees. Learn about all that will be offered at the 2023 Biennial Mission Summit. Delegates are encouraged to attend, as we will test the Voting Feature on the Attendee Hub during this session.
Spotlight on Puerto Rico
Alliance of Asian American Baptist Churches/Asian Caucus Dinner
American Baptist National Black Caucus Banquet
Berkeley School of Theology Dinner
Committee on Christian Unity and Interfaith Relations Dinner
Worshipful Work - International Ministries Report
Friday Evening Worship
- All Delegates please attend. The first order of business occurs at the start of the Friday Evening Worship session. Voting will be done on the Attendee Hub - please login to the Attendee Hub online before the session begins.
American Baptist Women in Ministry After Party
- How can you extend the energizing and inspiring opening worship of the Biennial Mission Summit? Come to the ABWIM After Party for food, fun and a fabulous time of conversation and connecting!
Saturday, June 24, 2023
Association of Welcoming & Affirming Baptists (AWAB) Breakfast
Baptist World Alliance Breakfast
American Baptist National Portuguese-Speaking Caucus Meeting with Breakfast
- Attendees of the American Baptist National Portuguese-Speaking Caucus meeting will be introduced to the work that the Caucus has been developing together with the support of ABCUSA! This meeting will also be an opportunity to demonstrate how the Caucus can be a great reference in the lives of Portuguese-speaking communities.
Morning Workshop Sessions (See descriptions here)
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- Embracing Creation Care (English)
- Follow for Follow: The Digital Scenario and Discipleship (Spanish)
- For Such a Time as This?: Baptist Beginnings in Puerto Rico (English and Spanish)
- Growing Pains: New Pastor and Church Relationships (English)
- Intergenerational Connection at Such a Time as This (English)
- Making the Most of your MMBB Experience (English and Spanish)
- Semper Reformanda: Church In and Post Pandemia (Spanish)
- 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM:
- Build Your Ark Before the Flood: Protecting Your Church’s Legacy Before Disaster Strikes (English and Spanish)
- Craft Workshop: Three Wise Men Art (English and Spanish)
- Intergenerational COnnection at Such a Time as This (Spanish)
- Let’s Talk Money: Managing Your Money in Uncertain Times (English and Spanish)
- Surviving Deconstruction and Rebuilding Faith from the Ground Up (English)
- Times Are Changing: What About Theological Education? (English and Spanish)
- What Does Progress Look Like?: Anti-Racism Efforts and Impact, 2020 Until Today (English)
International Ministries Luncheon
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Join the International Ministries luncheon that gives you the opportunity to connect with IM global servants from Colombia, the Czech Republic, the Dominican Republic, Hungary, Mexico, South Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
Mission Summit Conversations
- 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Since 2013, American Baptists have held “Mission Summit Conversations” at biennial gatherings “to provide an opportunity for American Baptists to engage in meaningful dialogue around passionate ministry topics.” By engaging in respectful dialogue, listening to differing perspectives, and offering encouragement to one another, participants are able to grow in their understanding of key issues, and learn about best practices.
American Baptist Historical Society and American Baptist Hispanic Caucus Dinner
Roger Williams Fellowship Dinner
Worshipful Work – American Baptist Home Mission Societies Report: Testify!
- 7:30 PM - 7:50 PM
- This session will focus on highlights of mission and ministry from the American Baptist Home Mission Societies.
Saturday Evening Worship
Young Adult Caucus Social
- 9:30 PM - 11:00 PM
- Young Adults and friends of the American Baptist Young Adult Caucus are invited to a social following the Saturday evening worship service. Come to meet with others you have not seen in a while and network with American Baptists interested in the Young Adult presence of our denomination. Food and beverages are included in the session fee.
Sunday, June 25, 2023
Palmer Theological Seminary Breakfast
Sunday Morning Worship and Communion Service
American Baptist Home Mission Societies Luncheon
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Leading through Tumultuous Times
- 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- All Delegates please attend. Voting will be done on the event app - please download ahead of the session.
Afternoon Workshop Sessions (See descriptions here)
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM:
- Church on the Move: Linking Social Justice, Church Renewal and Community Engagement (English)
- Craft Workshop: Inspirational Christmas Tree (English and Spanish)
- First Things First: Soul Care and Self Care (English)
- Pastoral Care in Grief and Loss (Spanish)
- Justice on Creation: Churches Caring and Defending Creation (Spanish)
- Table Life: Meals Through the Bible and Into Everyday Discipleship (English)
Worshipful Work - American Baptist Churches USA
Sunday Evening Worship
American Baptists Churches USA invites you and your congregation to the 2023 Biennial Mission Summit, June 23-25, 2023, at the Puerto Rico Convention Center in San Juan, Puerto Rico. With the theme “For Such a Time as This,” the biennial event is the premier opportunity for American Baptists to gather and connect with one another, hear directly from American Baptist partners and friends, worship together as one family of God, and learn the latest happenings across the American Baptist denomination!
Learn more about the event below or visit