Leaving A Legacy
Ten Ways to Support Your Church, Your Region (ABCOPAD),
or other American Baptist Missions or Witness
( without writing a check! and, in some cases, gain tax benefits! )
- Payable on Death – with CD’s brokerage accounts, etc., you can file a form with your bank or other institution, making the charity the recipient of those funds at your death.
- Retirement Accounts – If the charity is named the death beneficiary of an IRA or receives bonds through a will or trust, income taxes are avoided and the value also qualifies for an estate tax deduction.
- Real Estate – A gift of your home or other property can make an excellent gift. You can reserve the right to live in the property for your lifetime.
- Life Insurance – You can give the charity a policy or name it as the total or partial beneficiary of your life insurance.
- Charitable Lead Trust – Gift tax and estate tax savings are possible from trusts that pay income to the American Baptist Foundation for a number of years and then distribute assets to family members.
- Charitable Remainder Trust – You can receive income for life from gift assets as well as an immediate income tax deduction.
- Living Trust – Placing property that you wish to give away into a Living Trust with the Foundation can be convenient and simplify the settling of your estate. You continue to manage and control the property.
- Appreciated Stock of Mutual Fund Shares – You avoid capital gains tax and can deduct the full fair market value for shares held more than one year.
- Gift Annuity – You can give cash or stock and receive a guaranteed, favorably taxed income for life and a deduction!!
- Request in a Will – You may continue your lifetime support of American Baptist mission and ministry by “endowing” your gifts through a bequest.
Together with your tax advisor or attorney, the ABCOPAD Foundation and American Baptist Foundation will aim to find the best gift plan for you, your loved ones, and your passions.
For more information, contact us at:
Sue MacDonald, Director of Development
THANK YOU for your partnership in supporting ABCOPAD Mission and Ministries!!