Located in the Lower Pocono Mountains, Camp Ichthus is tucked away in a beautiful spot close to whitewater rafting, hiking, boating, and biking. The camp is situated on approximately 100 acres of land with open fields and wooded areas.
The camp was founded in 1954 by the First Baptist Church of Bethlehem, PA, by a group of teenagers. The young teens decided in 1954 to build an outdoor chapel as the first official camp project to establish the foundation for Christian Camping. The camp property has been a tremendous blessing of the Lord to the First Baptist Church of Bethlehem, PA.
The camp's location is very desirable. Groups seeking a weekend retreat or week-long trip in the summer will find the location ideal. The camp is located minutes from the Northeast Extension (Rte 476), offering easy access to the property. Within minutes from the camp are popular attractions such as whitewater rafting in Jim Thorpe, hiking on the Appalachian Trail, boating at Beltzville Lake, and biking along the Blue Mountain.
Groups renting will have full use of the camp and have access to:
- Main Hall — holds our dining area, full kitchen, lounge area with wood stove, and seven bedrooms capable of holding up to 38 people.
- Cabins — three cabins for year round use; our largest can hold 32 and the other two hold 14 each.
- Outdoor Chapel — nestled in beautiful pine trees.
- Recreation areas — including ball field, gym, challenge course area, gaga ball, and sandpit volleyball court.
- Swimming pond — for cooling off or catching some fish.
Visit the Camp Ichthus web site for schedule, registration information and details.
Ministry Coordinator/Camp Director
2880 Stagecoach Rd. W. Palmerton, PA 18071
Directions To Camp Ichthus