Part-Time Youth Pastor
North Hills Community Baptist Church Youth Pastor Job Description
We are looking to hire an exemplary part-time (approximately 20 hrs/wk) Youth Pastor to lead and guide our church’s middle school and high school students (Grades 6-12). The Youth Pastor will strive to make all students understand what a life with Christ looks like and encourage students in knowledge of God and His Word, as well as support them to develop their love for Him and for others. You will be expected to attend student functions at schools and home school events, grow relationships with students, and provide them and their families with biblical guidance.
To be successful in this position, you need to provide students with a place to belong that encourages them to love and support one another while equipping them to overcome the challenges of this world. Ideal candidates have a proficient understanding of biblical truth, apply it in their own lives, and are capable of teaching/demonstrating it to young people.
- Youth Pastor Responsibilities:
• Overseeing, growing and coordinating church’s youth ministry.
• Designing, overseeing and examining curriculum for all programs, events, and classes (including Sunday School) in conjunction with the church’s Christian Education Board.
• Leading middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth via weekly Youth meetings and bible studies.
• Interacting with students during Sunday services
• Developing positive relationships with students and their parents.
• Sharing/Communicating ministry plans/events through various media streams (email, social media, announcements during worship, etc.)
• Displaying Christ-like approach and lifestyle and praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
• Incorporating youth into various church ministries (Greeting, VBS, Worship team, Children’s Church, Small Groups, etc.)
• Growing Students in the knowledge of God and His Word, challenging them to grow stronger each week.
• Select/maintain Youth Leadership team that exhibits a strong-relationship with Christ to support the Youth Group and mentor students.
• Attending and participating in staff meetings
- Youth Pastor Minimum Requirements:
• Should be called by God and the Holy Spirit into Ministry for a specific purpose of discipling Youth in this current season of life.
• Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Previous experience working with teens in a ministry setting.
• Previous leadership experience of some form in a ministry setting. (i.e. Small Group Leader, Bible Study leader, etc.)
• Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people.
• Excellent computer skills, and proficiency with social media.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Affinity for young people.
• Ability to lead by example.
• Flexible schedule to work extended hours, evenings, over weekend and public holidays, and onshort notice when necessary. (i.e. retreats, mission trips, etc.)
• Will be required to take students on an annual Youth Mission Trip.
• Must have proper security clearances.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and able to drive students when necessary.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to secretary@nhcbccom or mail it to North Hills Community Baptist Church, 7801 Thompson Run Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 Attn: Beth Spence.
North Hills Community Baptist Church Youth Pastor Job Description.pdf