FBC Norristown - Worship Director
445 Burnside Avenue, Norristown, PA 19403
email@example.com (Send resumes and videos of you leading worship here)
Worship Director (Part Time)
Ministry Purpose: The Worship Director expands our existing music ministry in order to enhance the overall mission of First Baptist Church of Norristown (FBCN). This is done by welcoming the Holy Spirit into a time of worship, prayer, and praise throughout our Sunday morning worship services.
- Maintain a healthy and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and His people
- Participate in the overall life of the church (including special events), for God has called you here to serve and to grow in Him
- Provide musical accompaniment and direction at regularly scheduled worship services on Sunday morning. Also for special services, including, but not limited to Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Christmas Eve, and the children's Christmas pageant
- Lead and shepherd spiritually the music ministry volunteers of the church.
- Rehearse with and direct the church’s praise band every week for all worship services.
- Upon discerning the movement of the Spirit and learning the gifts and abilities within the congregation, prayerfully consider how best to incorporate additional musicians and vocalists into the services (regular and special) as well as explore children's participation in music and worship.
- Make every reasonable effort to be available for funeral services, memorial services, and marriage ceremonies held at FBCN, if requested by the family. A fee for services will be agreed upon by the Worship Director and the parties involved.
- Meet with the pastor 2 times a month and the Worship subgroup monthly to collaboratively plan the worship experience at FBCN.
- Evaluate the status of the church’s music equipment, maintain it, and reconfigure as needed.
- A vibrant personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior;
- Evidence of a call (spiritual gifting, confirmation from others, experience, etc.) from the Lord to music ministry within a local church
- In accordance with the vision, philosophy of ministry, and commitments of FBCN
- Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capability of leading with guitar and/or keyboard is essential. Confidence in speaking and praying is desired.
- Previous experience in leading congregational worship, providing leadership to praise band, and conducting other instrumentalist performances
- Willingness to work closely and creatively with a ministry staff and others involved in worship planning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding and use of computer programs like Song Select, Planning Center, ProPresenter, PowerPoint, etc. is desired.
Terms of Service: (about 20 hours / week)
- Compensation based on experience