Associate Pastor of Youth
Indian Creek Baptist Church
311 Baptist Church Rd
Mill Run, PA
Our purpose is to be God’s light to the mountain by preaching the Gospel, winning souls to Christ, making disciples, and ministering to the whole person through missionary outreach
We are a rural, theologically conservative church with 100-150 in attendance on Sunday mornings. We have a blended worship style with hymns being predominant. We are affiliated with the American Baptist Churches U.S.A. Last year we celebrated our 175th anniversary of ministering to Mill Run and the surrounding communities. We have recently completed renovations to our sanctuary.
We have a core group of approximately 20 students regularly attending, with upwards of 40 students attending additional activities. We are looking to make a greater investment in youth and their families through the establishment of a youth group.
Experience: Some leadership experience within a youth ministry, including some experience teaching (church or parachurch organization)
Education: Some education in a related field preferred
- Maintain a godly testimony.
- Spend much time in Bible study and prayer.
- Clearly share the Gospel message, and have a plan to disciple in place.
- Start a youth group for grades 6-12.
- Build relationships and encourage youth to invite friends.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the students. You are never to be alone with anyone underage, anyone still in school, anyone under your leadership, or anyone of the opposite sex (except in a counseling session with an open door and others in the building). Communication is to be maintained in a professional and appropriate manner as well.
- Make time to meet with parents/connect with students in an appropriate venue (i.e. watch sporting events from time to time).
- Maintain a social media presence in an appropriate manner. Pass a background check.
- If willing, preach on Sunday mornings in the event of Pastor Chris’ absence/illness.
- Attend Sunday School and partner with Sunday School Teachers to assist in any capacity needed.
- Attend the Monthly Board Meeting with a ministry report.
- Submit an annual ministry report.
- Be prepared to attend and respond positively to reviews (once every six months for the first three years, then once a year thereafter).
- If possible, participate in VBS and King’s Kids Club in whatever capacity necessary. This could involve assisting with planning, working with teenage volunteers, etc.
Estimated hours and approximate compensation
Hours: 15-20 per week
Salary: $15,000 ($10,000 designated as housing allowance). Annual performance and salary reviews
Medical: $1,500 towards medical expenses/insurance annually
Mileage: at the IRS rate
Vacation: 4 weeks a year
Additional compensation if you preach the weeks our Senior Pastor is unavailable
Please submit your resume, along with a completed questionnaire, a teaching sample (audio or visual), two letters of recommendation, and your philosophy of ministry by mail to 311 Baptist Church Rd., Mill Run, PA 15464.You may also apply electronically by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website to learn more about our church (icbcmillrunpa.com). If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Chris McLaughlin at 724-455-7344 or by email.
Our application deadline will be Monday, August 19th
Associate Pastor of Youth Questions.docx