AR/GL Accountant - Full Time
Title: AR/GL Accountant
Employment type: Full time, Exempt
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Application deadline: February 28, 2020 or until filled
The AR & GL Accountant is responsible for performing accounting-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management supporting the finance team. This is a mid-level accounting position that works cross-functionally with the finance team.
• Respond to daily communications from global servants, Home Office staff and overseas partners.
• Prepare weekly check requests and obtain required backup/approval to support fund transfers.
• Reconcile bank (10) accounts monthly and tie to GL.
• Create monthly file for import.
• Prepare month end journal entries and account analyses; update related spreadsheets.
• Post non-gift cash receipts.
• Prepare periodic invoices.
• Scan daily cash receipts to bank as scheduled.
• Assist with other projects as requested.
• Cross-functional support to the finance team
• Participate on job-sharing teams; mail opening, kitchen clean-up, committees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, accounting, business, finance
• Minimum of three (3) years’ bookkeeping/accounting experience required
• Strong understanding of accounting principles
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including Pivot tables), Outlook, Word
• Experience with accounting software
• Non-Profit experience is preferred
• Interpersonal and relational communication skills
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, email HR@internationalministries.org. Identify the position title and where you learned of the vacancy in the subject line. Attach a current resume and any supporting documentation for further evaluation of qualifications and experience. Thank you in advance for your interest in joining IM’s mission. International Ministries is an EEO employer and provides a comprehensive and flexible benefit package. A detailed description of this position is available upon request.