ABWM Director of Development
ABOUT US and OUR MISSION:
American Baptist Women’s Ministries (ABWM) has a long heritage of being on the forefront of mission and ministry with women and girls worldwide. From our very roots to today, ABWomen’s Ministries has addressed critical issues such as sex trafficking, poverty, equal voice, safety and security, access to water and other natural resources, leadership development, and, of course, spreading the good news of Jesus Christ.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of American Baptist Women’s Ministries fundraising including, the major gifts program, the annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Executive Director in all development and fund-raising endeavors. This is a part-time position and is available immediately.
- Embrace the mission, vision and values of American Baptist Women’s Ministries.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques and best practices; particularly major gift fundraising.
- Ability to motivate staff, board members and volunteers.
- Proven ability to build and nurture partnerships and relationships.
- A “self-starter” and goal-driven professional who initiates donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Strong organizational and project management skills in order to follow through on stated goals and objectives.
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of 3-years experience in professional fundraising.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
2. Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
3. Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
4. Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
5. Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
6. Coordinate fundraising special events.
7. Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
8. Maintain gift recognition programs.
9. Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
10. Participate in online/on-site key events and meetings as requested.
11. Perform other related duties as requested.
$35,000 per year based on approximately 20-25 hours per week.
Interested? Send Cover Letter and Current Resume to:
1075 First Ave STE C-210 · King of Prussia, PA · 19406, (610) 768-2288 ·