ABHMS Senior IT Associate
The American Baptist Home Mission Societies is Searching for a Senior IT Associate
The American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) has a long history of meeting human needs and empowering individuals, institutions, churches and communities to share faith, concern and resources to improve the quality of life for all people. ABHMS has done this through supporting education, providing scholarship assistance, publishing Christian resources, funding churches and community centers, counseling and chaplaincy services, intercultural programs, support for immigrants and refugees, advocacy and intervention on behalf of persons living with disabilities, living in poverty, children, senior adults, immigrants, refugees, prisoners and ex- offenders, victims of disasters, and much more. The American Baptist Home Mission Societies has a vision of a better world.
Why does ABHMS need a Senior IT Associate?
ABHMS’ Senior IT Associate is primarily responsible to assist the Director of IT Management with the operations, management and delivery of information technology computing and networking services for ABHMS. This is a “hands-on” position responsible for day to day IT operations, which includes but is not limited to, PC hardware/software, laptops, mobile devices, servers, printers, copiers, VoIP phones, and network devices. The Senior IT Associate is a highly motivated and customer-focused professional with a comprehensive knowledge of information technology in order to support the internal IT infrastructure and helps ensure all computer systems meet operational needs and service level targets. A key responsibility is to provide project management for IT projects. The Senior IT Associate is responsible for changes and updates to the web and system infrastructure platforms. This position is part of an integrated IT team, and reports to the Director of IT Management. The IT Operations Associate is a full-time position based in our King of Prussia corporate offices.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing day-to-day operations and maintenance of the organization’s computing and networking technology
- Provide support and resolutions on the implementation, testing, deployment and integration of computer and network systems
- Coordinate network software and hardware upgrades
- Provide support to technical aspects of ministrELife
- Provide guidance, support and orientation to ABHMS staff on use of IT equipment
- Provide reports to IT management director regarding network system performance, utilization and compliance
- Troubleshoot LAN/WAN performance, connectivity and related network problems
- Administer the operation of all LAN/WAN-related network services per company policies and procedures
- Document network infrastructure and design
- Maintain accurate documentation of ABHMS IT infrastructure and generate reports as requested
- Provide internal support to Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint environment
- Provide internal support to internal Microsoft network and domain
- Assist in configuring and deploying collaboration tools for project engagements (e.g. MS Projects, SharePoint, etc.)
- Other relevant duties, as assigned
Competencies, Education and Experience
- Profound appreciation for the vision and mission of ABHMS Commitment to ABHMS values and mission.
- Passion and interest in working with religious professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a technical discipline (e.g. engineering, technical certifications).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the technology field with technology management experience.
- Exemplary customer service.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with vendor management, managing helpdesk and datacenter operations.
- Proficient Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Computer Networking, Server Virtualization.
- Effective writing and communication skills including the ability to provide guidance and support to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to take initiative and independently manage several tasks and projects simultaneously with exemplary attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural team environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ITIL Foundation and standard IT operational service delivery framework.
- Working Knowledge of web technologies including HTML, CSS, WordPress.
- Experience in supporting and maintaining PC, printers, and networking technologies.
- Experience in using and supporting social and collaborative platforms (e.g. SharePoint, Yammer, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of SharePoint, Basic Network, VoIP, Windows Server, Virtual Machine, and Network Domain and Active Directory administration.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 Administration and Windows Networking.
- Knowledge and experience in using Service Desk platforms – including maintaining accurate records of work requests, project status notes, and other related metrics.
ABHMS is an equal opportunity employer and practices non-discrimination. ABHMS offers a progressive work environment with competitive compensation, comprehensive employee benefits package – including health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days plus Christmas week off. Relocation assistance available for the successful candidate presently living outside of the local area.
ABHMS provides staff with the support needed to continue to develop knowledge, skills and abilities along their chosen career path consistent with ABHMS’ missional priorities and objectives.
We will begin reviewing applications immediately. If interested, please send: A Cover Letter and Current Resumé to Hrmatters@abhms.org